|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2200NO||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard Work Week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
The role reports to the Lead Technology Demand Manager and sits within the Demand Management team within the CIO Delivery function, part of Three’s Technology organisation.
The role will be responsible for leading new projects and initiatives from inception through the initial Consulting and Shaping phases, up to and at times including the early stages of delivery within the project lifecycle.
The TDM is accountable for identifying technical and non-technical resources from across the business, establishing and leading the relevant teams to ensure success. The TDM will own communication with business owners, ensuring they provide clear and timely information in terms of the complexity, best technical solution and cost and duration to implement.
The TDM will lead the business requirements gathering phase, partnering with the relevant architectural resources to ensure that the chosen technical solution is approved by the architectural governance board. The TDM is accountable for aligning and handing over to delivery resources, ensuring a clear and well managed transition.
- Assignment, facilitation, and effective co-ordination of a team of experts to complete Demand Shaping
- Ensuring that all Demand Shaping initiatives have a business owner, sponsor and agreed funding, with an understanding of priority and desired delivery timelines
- Identification and effective management of any key dependencies with other planned and in-flight projects and programmes
- Maintaining relevant project management/governance systems, ensuring all key data points, planning dates and statuses are accurate and up to date
- Managing the budget for demand initiatives and projects, submitting funding requests and ensuring there is appropriate funding in place to support the next stage of delivery
- Supporting Business and Technical Architects to remove impediments
- Monitoring progress and reporting on the status of shaping to the business owner
- Escalating issues and inputting into continuous improvement; taking accountability for team and function performance
- Ensuring that all expected outcomes of Demand Shaping have been met, including the Business Requirements Specification (BRS), High Level Architecture, High Level Plan and forecasted delivery cost
- Presenting completed Shaping items for governance approval, with confirmation of Business and Technical PMs and assignment/request for Evaluation design resources
- Able to lead and manage a project team including multiple partners, delivering to meet business objectives and project outcomes
- A clear communicator – experience of working with and influencing various levels of management, building relationships and influence across teams and a wider community of other leaders and managers
- Ability to lead, make decisions, problem solve and work within teams. Can demonstrate flexibility and agility to move between role types within teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment that shows flexibility, resiliency, self-awareness and ability to support other team members
- Can demonstrate the ability to gather, analyse and present information in business terms for management and leadership consumption
- Experience of working within the IT Delivery Lifecycle and knowledge of key concepts of development and testing
Nice to have
- Appropriate qualification or accreditation in Project Management, for example, but not limited to Prince2, AgilePM, etc.
- Experience of working within a delivery organisation that supports different delivery models, for example, but not limited to, Agile, Scrum, large scale releases
- Experience of working within mobile telecoms industry
- Understanding of different IT delivery methodologies, such as Agile, Scrum, Lean
- Experience in managing pre-project sizing/estimation work
- Experience of working within a Demand / Portfolio Management environment
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.