|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2100CK||Reading||Reading Office (GBM)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||N/A|
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
Join the QA team to build the strategy and landscape of test environments for large scale projects and legacy IT systems. This will cover, how the landscape lies today and how they should be set up to ensure maximum productivity as well as being cost effective for both programmes, BAU and transition.
The Candidate will be responsible for all test environments their usage, scheduling, downtime, maintenance. They will work with other teams in IT, Networks and business to ensure the environments are available and working to the required standards.
The candidate will be responsible for working with third parties, giving them strategic direction on continuous improvements and integration. Ensuring they are working to the defined standards and meeting SLAs as set out, especially for defect fixes and environment downtime.
They will be expected to schedule all code drops and versioning of this through release management.
- Creating strategic direction of test environment usage
- Maintaining, monitoring and scheduling test environments
- Creating blueprints of as-is test environments versus how they should be
- Created and implementing Test Environment Strategies. Including
- Code drops – release management
- Config management: Versioning
- Defect tracking
- Recommend and implement improvements and efficiency drives
- Implementing best practices
- Working with third parties to ensure environment defects are resolved in a timely manner, SLAs are met, and RCA completed
- 5 to 10 years’ experience of test environment management
- Experience of working in complex multi system, multi partner delivery organisation, preferably within the telecoms industry or a systems integrator in this space.
- Exceptional knowledge and experience of all aspects of test environments, from strategy, plan to detailed execution, including but not limited to data, migration, security
- Experience of managing a partner-based test enciroment, both on-shore and off-shore.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of different IT delivery methodologies for example, but not limited to Waterfall, Iterative, Scrum, DevSecOps.
- Experience of working with difference infrastructure technologies and methodologies, e.g. Azure
- Experience of working with Telecom BSS
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.