|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|21037V||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard: Standard working week.||N/A|
SMARTY's on an unprecedented growth journey. In just under 4 years SMARTY has gone from being a start up to entering the next exciting phase of its journey as a scale up.
Our mission is to bring fairness & transparency to the UK mobile market by being the connectivity brand that stands out for being simple & honest. Hot on the heels of our success in growing the business, we now need to add more amazing people to our team in all areas of SMARTY for the next chapter in our success story.
SMARTY's a great place work - oodles of passion sit within a small, engaged team. Best of all though, we're wholly owned by Three which means we can lean into our parent organization when we need to whilst still standing on our own two feet to deliver for our customers.
You'll need to be resourceful, in a growth environment like ours, there's no time for politics or egos - so you'll be comfortable in cutting through ambiguity to get things done. You'll get the balance right between collaborating where needs be and cracking on using your own initiative. Most of all though you are curious about what our customers want, and you're obsessed with making things better, simpler and easier for them.
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. This is a Hybrid working opportunity where you will operate from Home and our Reading office with a balance of home and office based working.
A newly created role within the SMARTY team which owns and sets acquisition and in-life pricing recommendations driven by market insight and competitor activity. This role will support the creation of the Trading roadmap across acquisition and in-life that ladders up to achieving our growth targets. Analyse market conditions and insights help inform the plan which should include, but not be limited to, channel strategy, & pricing across acquisition and retention by LoB to deliver an optimal trading strategy. Collaboration with all areas of commercial and other key stakeholders in the team and wider business to ensure seamless delivery of activities.
- Owning and setting acquisition and supporting in life pricing recommendations driven by market insight and competitor activity. Support the development & definition of a trading plan for at least 12 months (across acquisition & retention) that ladders up to achieving the growth targets for the period.
- Own accountability for contribution of pricing impacts on the P&L in terms of both volume and margin
- Understand and inform on the price elasticity of different products and ensure the tools to respond are available – reacting to market conditions is key
- Collaboratively work alongside the wider Consumer trading managers, Marketing and business service owners to ensure performance, product, proposition, technology and other resources are aligned to achieve our goals.
- Understanding the competitor landscape, both at a pricing and additional value level.
- Budget & Forecasting - Outlooks current performance, responsible for business casing and commercial impact for new initiatives. Stakeholder managements of relationships with important internal customers and act as their business partner.
- Presentation skills - uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to communicate to all levels and able to present complex subjects or ideas in a simple compelling way and is open to challenge
- Work with a positive, start-up mentality – think and behave with agility.
- Be innovative and entrepreneurial – can make clear recommendations & influence people to execute and deliver within timescales.
- Commercially astute - experience of managing/ working towards commercial KPIs
- In-depth understanding of the Telecoms market, our competitors and commercial drivers and therefore, uses market context analysis to help inform the plan.
- An excellent collaborator who is comfortable holding others to account and working in an agile way.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel & PowerPoint - able to analyse data and communicate the insight & story
- Story tell in a compelling way bringing along key stakeholders on the journey of the brands’ growth.
- Commercial Acumen - Applies understanding of the business environment and objectives to develop solutions without supervision.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.