UX ResearcherDate posted 01/06/2022
- Work location
- Reading Office (Green Park)
- Contract type
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
Three UK is going through a major transformation and our digital experience is at the heart of that. We are in the process of implementing a brand-new technology stack that will deliver radically improved digital and omni-channel journeys and features to provide a market leading experience that will delight our customers.
The digital team is accountable, not only for our digital product, performance and experiences but also informing, influencing and driving the wider business to become a truly digital company that is a benchmark for our industry and beyond. Three has long been an innovator and disruptor within the industry and that’s an area we will continue to drive. We are on a journey and the next 2-3 years will be an exhilarating ride while we roll-out the UK’s fastest 5G network, implement our new technology and launch our new journeys while at the same time bring some very exciting products to market. We want to have the most intuitive, simple and easy to use digital experiences and we want customers to feel recognised, cared for and appreciated.
Three UK is a company on a mission to change and grow - it is a fast-paced environment, and while our organisation is not at the scale of some of our competitors (we think that’s a good thing), it provides agility and a refreshing level of freedom and creativity with the opportunity to gain a breadth of experience.
• The Digital UX Researcher’s purpose is to pro-actively lead the business in customer/user insights and behaviours.
• The Digital UX Researcher will lead in testing business hypotheses and using their expertise to guide the solution to give the best possible experience for the business and customer.
• The Digital UX Researcher will test user behaviour, market trends, and give insight on how best to utilise those to meet or business goals.
• The Digital UX Researcher will work collaboratively with various teams across the business to deliver multiple and varied digital initiatives across Three’s Digital touch points.
• The Digital UX Researcher will be responsible for ensuring Accessibility is a focal point of any user testing and potential solutions.
• The Digital UX Researcher will be able to inspire and influence the wider UX community to upskill them, build confidence and create a pipeline of successors to the role from the wider UX community.
• The Digital UX Researcher will be able to work closely with the WLT to drive change across functions taking the longer term view and bringing stakeholders together, supporting functions to get better at anticipating and predicting demand ahead of time
• Conducting research and analytical testing.
• Aligning Data, best practices and accessibility to business initiatives.
• Deliver High fidelity, customer insight driven solutions and documentation
• Working collaboratively with CX, Creative Services and the wider business to align strategic business requirements with best in class insight driven user research.
• Presenting and articulating proposals and solutions with evidence based justifications to the wider business.
• 3-5 years’ expert Digital UX Experience, including research and testing.
• Experience of working in providing service layer user experience guidance to the business
• Extensive experience of delivering online customer journeys across web and app
• Experience of conceiving, implementing and refining UX principles and processes across Digital organisations.
• Presenting UX journeys and principles to senior Digital and business stakeholders.
• Working with partners, functions such as props, marketing, brand Commercial, Service and Sales to embed the culture and process of up-front, customer led design thinking.
• Application of new and best in class methodologies to drive the right thinking and outcomes.
• Experience in design thinking, application of cross-functional design sprints e.g., double diamond approach etc.
• Strength and depth of research experience using quantitative and qualitative methodologies, bring to life with examples