- Work location
- Dual Location - Home & Reading Office
- Contract type
- Shift pattern
- Standard working week
VAT Manager - Fixed Term Contract
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
At Three we have a hybrid working arrangement in place as standard for office based employees, where employees work from a mix of office based location and working from their home in the UK to carry out their role.
Excluding retail, core hours at Three are between 1000 and 1600, with operating hours between 0800 and 1830. This allows employees to have a start time between 0800 and 1000 and finish time between 1600 and 1830
As VAT Manager you will have responsibility for advising the business on VAT matters as well leading various VAT/business projects.
The role reports into the Senior VAT Manager. The expectation is that the successful candidate will have the experience and knowledge to be able to work independently from the Senior VAT Manager with limited input required. The role will require relationships to be built quickly with various other functions in the business such as Core Finance, IT, Legal, Procurement, Commercial, Marketing and Sales.
· CTA qualified or recognised qualifications in accountancy or taxation.
· At least 6 years previous Indirect Tax experience.
· Prior experience in dealing with HMRC.
· An engaging individual able to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external advisors.
· Ability to analyse problems and apply innovative solutions.
- Provide VAT support and input on project implementation, including contributing to business requirements and user testing
- Supporting and resolving VAT queries received from the business & undertaking contract reviews where required.
- Leading VAT and business projects & resolving and managing HMRC enquiries.
- Preparation of correspondence for HMRC in relation to VAT projects.
- Identification and implementation of improvements to processes where possible.