Wholesale Senior Finance AnalystDate posted 19/07/2022
- Work location
- Dual Location - Home & Reading Office
- Contract type
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Standard Working Week
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
Here at Three we have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Finance Analyst, to join our Wholesale Finance team. A key business area that is driving business growth through a diverse range of Wholesale services such as MVNO’s (mobile Virtual Network Operators), Over the Top Services and Bulk messaging services to Three customers. All contributing to achieving growing the business company goal.
We are a team of 13 covering a wide area of financial support and management across the Company. The team is made up of financial business support areas for Wholesale (which this role sits in), Business, Opex management for Finance, People, Legal, Corporate Comms and Project Management Office. The Senior Analyst role is within the Wholesale finance team which is a team of 5 supporting the Wholesale Directorate
We are looking for a proactive, ambitious and delivery focused individual who wishes to grow and develop their finance and business partnering skills. The successful candidate will provide effective and timely financial support across the wholesale area. The role is varied and will get involved across a range of area such as Message & Verification, Wholesale Opex, Interconnect and Roaming.
This exciting role will enable you to further develop your financial analysis, relationship building and presentation skills, while also providing a key guidance and support during Budgeting and reforecasting. Your key contributions will help to ensure we accurately report Wholesale Opex, part of the team that onboards new MVNO’s, establishing new financial controls for the Message and Verification products and supporting the more established wholesale areas Interconnect and Roaming
Main responsibilities include:
• Responsibility for financial control of Wholesale OPEX. This includes Budgeting and forecasting, month end accounting, balance sheets and results reporting
• Responsible for establishing the reporting requirements and successful onboarding New MVNO to the billing platform
• Consolidation, reporting and presenting of the Wholesale monthly results to Wholesale leadership team and FP&A
• Pivotal role in the Wholesale budgeting and forecasting process. The role is key to own the timetable, reporting and analysis is completed to understand key movements and review meetings are successfully delivered to CFO and Wholesale Director,
• Take ownership of wholesale customer billing queries and reporting requirements with our 3rd party platform providers
• Gathering and sharing data for quarterly and Adhoc Regulatory reporting (Ofcom)
• Support and co-ordination of the Wholesale Quarterly price books
• Support the Wholesale team in ensuring reporting from third party vendors (Lifecycle) is accurate and received in a timely manner.
• Assisting and supporting Message & Verification, Interconnect and Roaming deliverables, specifically on Pricebooks process and Month end results & analysis
• Adhoc analysis and projects as and when required. Wholesale is fast paced and we are really looking for someone with an attitude of someone who is happy to get involved with whatever comes up as is can be unpredictable at times
Must have experience and skills:
• Part / Newly Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
• Excellent MS Excel skills (including filters, pivot tables, lookups and charts).
• Able to prioritise and deliver high quality/accurate/timely reporting.
• Strong accounting and reporting skills with great attention to detail.
• Ability to work flexibly in a demand-led, rapid-change environment.
Nice to have experience and skills:
• Some experience of supporting telecoms or technology teams.