|Job ID||Date Posted||Location|
|Work Location||Job Type||Contract Type|
|Hours Per Week||Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|37.5||37.5hrs per week (5 days out of 7)||N/A|
Know how to get the best out of a tight knit team? A natural with customers? Love the latest technology? Then here’s business you can lead, grow and shape.
Does this sound like you then apply now?
- Leading a large team of leaders
- Min 2 years experience in a high sales volume/footfall/margin store
- Showcases great leadership capabilities and evidences examples of developing your people
- Evidence of growing commercial performance in busy stores
- Landing Initiatives
- Experience managing ER cases & challenging characters/environments.
- Telecommunications background
Three is about to take your career up a notch
Are you an experienced Manager that already knows how to get the best out of a customer facing team, but are looking for that extra challenge?
Something to get excited about:
Not only will you ensure that your stores are a great place to visit and work, As the Area Manager’s number two, you’ll support them in leading and inspiring other store managers in the area, ensuring they understand their role in bringing to life the company strategy at store level. While receiving the kind of development that will set you up for an Area role too
A background that’ll take you further:
You may already be making your mark in the mobile retail industry, but if you’re not, that’s ok too. You’ll be demonstrating you know how to lead, organise and manage a team. Wherever you are now you’ll soon impress us with how much you know about sales techniques, team building, how you’re motivated by targets and how keen you are to be the kind of role model others look up to.
A bit about us:
We exist to make mobile better for everyone. Ever since we were created in 2003, we've been challenging and changing the way the industry works by putting customers first and tackling the issues that frustrate and annoy them. We were the first mobile network to take the fear out of using data with our All You Can Eat plans. We were the first to abolish eye-watering roaming charges for people travelling abroad and we were the first network to give our customers 4G at no extra cost. We knocked out sky high prices for calling 0800 numbers before anyone else.
We’re able to do this thanks to our amazing people who share our passion and belief in making things right.
For us to be at our best, we need the right team. This is why we’re committed to helping our people fulfil their potential, so they can help us fulfil ours.
To lead and inspire a team of Store Managers in the area, ensuring they understand their role in bringing to life the delivery of Three company strategy at store level.
- Directly sells simple products and services to customers while following standardized protocols and/or provides back-office support to a sales team.
- Helps manage the performance of direct reports by working within performance management systems.
- Builds own capabilities and develops the capabilities of direct reports by working within existing development framework; provides specialized training or coaching in area of expertise to others throughout the organisation.
- Develops and/or delivers a plan for a specific area of responsibility by managing others.
- Supports and enables others to use and benefit from existing data management systems.
- Analyses key themes using data from a wide range of sources and identifies possible impacts on the business.
- Supervises others to deliver prescribed operational outcomes while working within established systems.
- Tracks budgets and brings variances to the attention of senior colleagues while working within established budgeting systems.
- Highlights shortcomings and suggests improvements in current compliance processes, systems and procedures within assigned unit and/or discipline.
Focusing others on the customer
- Focuses the organization on discovering and meeting the customer’s needs. Specifically, corrects problems; for example, ensuring that customers' issues are corrected promptly and efficiently.
- Win the hearts and minds of others across boundary collaborations and to do the right thing, regardless of formal authority. Specifically, invites individual cooperation; for example, inviting the sharing of alternative solutions or viewpoints.
- A desire to know more and seek information to inform decisions. Specifically, researches; for example, conducting debriefs following completed projects to understand what worked well and what did not.
- Thinks through situations of varying degrees of complexity and ambiguity, in order to understand them clearly.
- Builds a high performing team by ensuring that the team is focused, motivated and inspired to achieve team objectives. Specifically, creates positive team culture; for example, ensuring others follow the expected ways of working.
- Takes an active interest in other people. Seeks to understand their individual perspectives and concerns and accurately hears the unspoken or partly expressed thoughts, feelings and concerns of others. Specifically, actively listens; for example, repeating what was heard to check understanding, particularly in difficult conversations.
- Holds people accountable to standards of performance both in what and how they do it. Specifically, sets basic expectations; for example, monitoring performance against compliance requirements and basic standards.
- Considers and addresses the organization as a set of interacting systems so as to structure and align organizational ways of working to the strategy or organizational purpose. This is about changing structure, systems, processes (the 'plumbing' of the organization) - it is not the interpersonal aspects of leading change.
- Specifically, identifies areas for change; for example, diagnosing misalignment between the organizational structure or model and the desired outcomes.
- Engages with others, getting buy-in to deliver results and skillfully influencing to build support. Specifically, uses direct influence; for example, using rational, well thought through arguments.
- Thinks through issues by seeing the pattern or big picture, brings facts and ideas together, and develops innovative or creative insights. Specifically, applies models or theories; for example, using a theory to help understand a situation.
- Builds capability of others by teaching, coaching and/or mentoring them to do an excellent job for the longterm.
- Specifically, provides constructive feedback; for example, encouraging others to assess how things have gone, and learn from their experiences.
- Focuses on assessing, measuring and improving performance. Shows drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals. Specifically, takes accountability; for example, tracking his/her own performance against standards or measures.
- Identifies and meets the needs of internal and external customers, being continually focused on outcomes for customers. Specifically, communicates; for example, reporting back to customers on enquiries, or ensures that others do.
- Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to build a high-performance culture by designing and delivering programs that accurately assess and recognize the skills and capabilities that the organization needs to achieve success.
- Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to maintain high performance while applying a change mindset to the planning, execution and monitoring of business activities during times of change.
- Applies understanding of the business environment and objectives to develop solutions without supervision, while also providing technical assistance when necessary.
- Negotiates without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on how to help the organization by obtaining consensus between two or more internal or external parties who may have different interests.
- Uses clear and effective verbal communications skills without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on expressing ideas, requesting actions and formulating plans or policies.
- Uses clear and effective writing skills without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on expressing ideas, requesting actions and formulating plans or policies.
- Conducts research and analyzes data with guidance (but not constant supervision) in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of customer and market conditions that enables maximum return on investments.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on acquiring, organizing, protecting and processing data to fulfill business objectives.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on analyzing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to develop appropriate plans or perform necessary actions
Planning and Organizing
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Supports business processes without supervision by understanding and effectively using standard office equipment and standard software packages, while providing technical guidance as needed.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on reviewing and creating relevant, lucid and effective reports.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on achieving full compliance with applicable rules and regulations in management and/or operations.
- Experienced practitioner able to work unsupervised
- Experience of supervising and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes